AND YOUR SKIN WILL LOVE WINTER!
- JWB Post
- January 12, 2014
Hey Pretty Girls,
Hope you all are looking your best this time of the year. Winter is the time when we have that natural blush on our cheeks, don’t we?
But we also have few skin issues in winters, and the most common is dryness of the skin.
Primarily we should keep our body well hydrated, drink lots and lots of water! Three litres of water, say about 10 to 12 glasses is apt. You can alternate a couple of glasses of water with coconut water and fresh juices.
There are also a few home remedies you can use:
- Take half a cup of unboiled milk at room temperature, dip a cotton pad and apply it on the face and neck, leave it for 15 minutes, then wash it off.
- Keep you face moisturized at all times , best way to apply a moisturizer is when your face is still wet.
- Tender coconut water is the best natural moisturizer so even that can be used whenever you feel your face is dry.
- Avocado and honey is also a great combination. Half an avocado and 2 teaspoons of honey would work great to keep the dryness away.
- Yogurt can also be applied as it has lactic acid; it smoothens and refreshes the skin.
- Pumpkin is also great for your skin. Mix it with cinnamon powder just a pinch then apply for some time as a mask.
- Never use soap on your face instead use a gentle facewash.
- Avoid using hot water for washing face as it increases dryness.
- Food items like fish, flax and walnuts maintain body’s natural oils.
I hope all these easy tips will keep you looking ravishing these winters!
Also a last tip and the most important tip would be sun protection. Sun might be pleasant but not for your skin! Avoid direct sun exposure, use the sunscreen religiously at least 30 spf that also after each 3 hours till 4 in the evening.
That’s all till the next blog! Keep looking gorgeous!
By Dr Mehak Kaushik
Consultant Cocoon Hospital,Jaipur