Get Rid Of Pregnancy Back Pain In These Easy Steps
- JWB Post
- September 14, 2015
Back pain during those 9 months is a common health issue. But don’t just let it cultivate in your body, follow these easy tips to get quick relief:
- Don’t sit too much – Sitting for a prolonged period of time can stress your body out and you may suffer with varicose veins and swelling. If you are at work, get up after every hour and take a quick walk.
- Don’t cross your legs – Both while sitting & sleeping. It will confound circulation and cause a lot of discomfort. Choose a chair that supports your back, or place a small pillow behind your lower back. Consider propping your feet on a low stool.
- Check your sleeping posture – The right position to sleep is to curl up on your left side while bending your knees. Avoid the right side. Don’t lie on your belly or on your back. You can also use a body pillow to support your stomach.
- Stretch your muscles – A little exercise along with some stretching is always a good idea. Choose easy ones like walking, yoga, hand and leg stretching. Don’t lift heavy object as it can cause a muscle-stress.
You might also stretch your lower back. Rest on your hands and knees with your head in line with your back. Pull in your stomach, rounding your back slightly. Hold for several seconds, then relax your stomach and back — keeping your back as flat as possible. Gradually work up to 10 repetitions.
- Try these easy body postures – As your baby grows, your center of gravity shifts forward. Keep these principles of good posture in mind:
- Stand up straight and tall.
- Hold your chest high.
- Keep your shoulders back and relaxed.
- Don’t lock your knees.
6. Avoid heels – Wear low heeled shoes. No. 3: Lift properly
7. Take body massages – Use a heating pad to apply heat to your back, or try ice packs. Rubbing your back also might help. You can even choose to go for pre-natal body massages.