Nine Easy Exercises You Can Do in the Park!
- JWB Post
- January 23, 2015
Jaipur Women Blog is ready to sweat along with you and make 2015 a healthy year. Every Friday, we will come up with something new in our Fitness Rubric telling you about new forms of exercise.
To begin with, our friend Priyanka Saini will show you few simple ways to reduce that flab around the waist and tone your body. She is performing at the Central Park (C-scheme), which means to get to stay fit without spending a single penny! These exercises are simple and can be done anywhere – and by this we mean your home, public parks, during vacations, etc. Here you go…
- Seat pushups – all you need is to pick up any bench in the park (or chair at home). Keep in mind to keep the hands and legs straight so that you don’t hurt your joints. Start with 10-15 pushups.
- Back seat pushups – Also called ‘Bench Triceps Dips’. Sit with your back facing the bench, keep the legs straight and hands on bench and push the body up and down. All weight should be on hands, so be careful. You can also perform this with your knees bent.
- Side lunge – Important is to keep the body posture straight, like Priyanka. This will shape up your legs and hips wonderfully.
- Fan kick – Balance the body by keeping the hands straight. Then move each leg simultaneously completing a circle. This is again an awesome leg exercise. Keep in mind to not take a tall chair, else lifting leg would be harsh!
- Side bent – Also called ‘Half Moon Bent’. This is one of the best ways to shape your upper torso and waist. Simple and effective, we say. Look how Priyanka does it without bending forward and only moving sideways. For more effect, hold a dumbbell (or water-filled bottle) in the hand that is in air.
- Leg lifts – Put one leg horizontally and bend forward to touch the toe with opposite hand. Repeat it and kill your bulging belly!
- Squats – We love squats! After all, they give you those envious butts. Plus, they strengthen the keens.
- Touch the toe – Making the regular toe-touching exercise a little challenging, Priyanka shows how lifting one leg in the air would help get the perfect balancing skill. This strengthens the legs that go weak with passing age. Check it out!
- Tapping – Look for any even elevated place and do this. Benefit – lower abdomen toning.
Most of these exercises are excellent cardio too. So without wasting a minute, pull up the socks ladies and get going! We will be happy to receive some photos of you doing these exercises. xo